My Coming Out Story

In celebration of National Coming Out Day, I've decided to make my first blog post about my coming out story. I know it may seem a little cliché but bare with me, I still getting the hang of this. So let's get into it.

It was nice beautiful summer day... actually scratch that it wasn't that beautiful. It was hot and miserable. Anyway, I had been talking for a friend about wanting to come out to my family all day and he was very encourage and said to just go for it. I had already come out to a few friends at school but I knew that it was about time for me to come to terms with everything and tell me family. 

That day, after work, I decided to text my mom and tell her that I really wanted to talk to her about something when she got off work that day. I knew that if I let her know earlier, it would be more difficult for me to back out. There was still about 4 hours until she was she get off, so between all of that time, I was turning over in my mind what I was going to say or if I was actually going to do it.

My mom had gotten home from work and by that time I didn't want to do it. But I knew that I had to. She comes in to the living room and asked me what I wanted to talk about. Anyone who knows me, knows that I smile and laugh at everything and this time was not any exception. I told her you should probably sit down for this. Her face was priceless when I said that. After she sat down we probably sat in silence for about 10 minutes. She then said to me oh my gosh are you sick, are you dying, is everything okay with you. I looked at her and laughed and then just said it, I'm gay. Her reaction after than is what really lighted everything up. She just looked at me and said So... Then she proceed to ask me questions like if I was a virgin and stuff like that.

That was pretty much the gist of what happened. I made it more of a big deal than it really needed to be. I don't know why I was so nervous to tell her because I knew that she would love me no matter what. I knew that at the end of the day I was gonna be the same person I was to her that I was before I told her.

I wanted to write about this not only because today is National Coming Out Day, but also because I really wanted to put that story out to anyone that may be struggling with coming out or coming to terms with their sexuality. I hope that my story can help these people know that there are other people that may be struggling as well and maybe inspire them to seeking help in coming out.

With that being said Happy Coming Out Day!!
Till next time! :-)
Ka Ron

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Coming Out Day

The KaRonicle Ep 1: Meet your host

My Strength and My Rock